OKIE HELLO EVERYONE.
So 2013 has started and this is my first post of the year! It's too late to wish people happy new year haha
This year I'm gonna stop making NYResolutions.
i think it's impossible for me to ever accomplish some of them and
i guess some of them are just unrealistic, or merely expectations of myself.
speaking of expectations, sometimes i don't like people to expect things out of me.
like, we personally have our own expectations of ourselves. and usually we accomplish our own expectations.
but then, people have greater expectations of us, a lot greater than our expectations.
this is when things get warped.
Because people have expectations of us, we somehow infuse their expectations into our expectations. it's like we don't want to disappoint ourselves, nor other people.
Give you an example:
you expect yourself to get distinction for a subject.
you work hard for it. yes u get it. u get an A2 and you're happy.
judging from your results, people expect you to aim higher. people PREDICT you will aim higher. So now they EXPECT you to get an A1
Now, you start to think, ok one grade difference isn't that much.
I shall try for an A1
Results came out, and u still got an A2.
Then, we get disappointed in ourselves.
Idk how to put it la. it's like, we like to live up to our own expectations and others' expectations.
EVERYONE SAYS "just do your own thing, don't care what others want out of you"
yeah sure easy to say but how many times do we really ignore what others expect of us?
Great advice, but who heeds them anyway?
And it's true, we all know what things we should do, but we still don't do it.
We know what are the wrongs and rights, we still do the wrong ones.
It's apparent drugs are harmful, but people still consume drugs.
We know it's wrong to say bad things about others, we still do it.
Talk about being self-righteous sometimes hahaha.
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I'm not comfortable with expectations. I really really just want to do my thing but other people stress me out sometimes. :/
but how can people not expect things from you? unless it's like you don't exist.
also, i find ourselves quite hypocritical. and we call others hypocrite.
we're selfish, we call others selfish.
Oh lord, save the world hahaha.
OK enough with my roundabout dabble that has no end to it. Time to upload some pics pics pics!
I have loads of them.
Carol and baby Umar. Taken while we were having seoul garden at ehub!
Umar so disgusting drool everywhere one lol.
But everyone is besotted with his baby traits so they interpret it as cute. oh well.
All taken at Changi Airport when we were gonna fly off to Koh Samui
UP NEXT: HOTEL!
pic of yixin desperately trying to send out her pic tweets HAHAHAHA
More of a resort, not a hotel !
but comes with a breathtaking view...
So each morning we have our breakfast facing the sea. Talk about loads of sea breeze!
Yixin act cute sia.
Had lunch at this place. Walked from hotel and found this place that was affordable.
Also, since this island not as developed as Bangkok right, you could imagine the number of animals around.
hahaha, so it's like a rural place?
Did I mention it's damn hot over there? like sweltering heat beating down on you the entire afternoon. I think their days there last longer?? ok point is it's just damn hot there. me dressed in black, long sleeved, woah man can die.
And water there tastes weird :((( Worse than NEWater :(((
BACK TO HOTEL AND OMG THE AIRCON WAS LIKE THE BEST INVENTION EVER.
CAMWHORE TIME
a private pool outside our room!
What to expect from the forever eating yixin
THEN WE WENT TO SWIM YAY
yixin totally failed to teach me how to swim hahaa so I used an inflated ball to float around
then we went to the hot tub to soak and we broke a glass cup -_-"
hehe but there wasn't a need to pay!
Went out to shop at night! I think we spent quite a lot of money on transport because our resort quite far away from the night markets..
Since it's already been a month I can't really remember what happened... but i think this is the night i downed the alcohol with one gulp (without knowing it was alcohol) and then i broke a toilet door -_-
2nd day was out to sea!!
Some anticlines and synclines for you HAHAHA (#geogiscool)
ok la the package tour wasn't as entertaining. the snorkeling not as nice as phuket..
BUT THE ICED COFFEE WAS NICE.
That's all i can say.
also talked a lot w yixin. HAHA and also avoiding smokers. Burying her feet in the sand.
and sitting on those unsteady boats feeling like it would capsize anytime.
especially if you sit at the sides. oh god. and this yixin likes it. she can drop into the sea for all i care HAHAHAHA.
omfg i just realised what i post just now (about me breaking the toilet door) is what happened on the night after snorkeling. ok guys i lazy edit hahaha but no wonder i was so red. so the first night we just went to night market and ate all the street food for dinner!
omg im seriously damn confused now..
ok then the next day i think we wanted to go parasailing but then... because it was a sunday there was no parasailing. oopsie burst yixin's bubble
WE WENT TO GET A FULL BODY MASSAGE AND IT WAS SO SHUANG HAHAA
YAY TO RESORTS!
we also tried the fish spa and this yixin took the longest time to finally put her hand in
even the tourists were laughing at her
cos she kept squealing!
we were camwhoring again!!!!
imitating yixin's smile
she imitating my smile
she imitates my death stare HAHAHAHA. ok la not bad i give u 6.5/10 COS YOU LOOK LIKE ANGRY KID
#ootd
NO PARASAILING THEN YIXIN WANT TO SUICIDE.
in the end she no balls to do it HAHAHAHA. no la, she just wants to bury her feet in sand again :p
I guess you could say it was another day of shopping hehe.
all i can remember about that trip was like, always taking a taxi to places. cos transport ain't very developed
and i think we were overcharged??
the best shopping was at Tesco, like an thai version of Carrefour
EVERYTHING WAS CHEAP ^^
the night markets usually sold the same items? i think thailand is like a tourism focused country?
so end up everything is mass produced so everything is found everywhere.
not much of variety unless it's second hand items
but i guess places like bangkok, would offer a better shopping experience and more variety!
I remember buying a lot of food back to the resort... and having phad thai with cockroach... only found out when i already ate half of the phad thai...
the chicken was good!! just nice she likes the thighs and I like breast meat
street food is good in thailand.
just cross your fingers there aren't any weird creatures in your food...
also a lot of bars, pubs, souvenir shops. all found within the same lane
which is why i keep saying thailand is so tourism oriented!
ok then next day we went back to SWEET SG ! YAY home is still the best place and our airport is always the best!!!!!!!!
SUBSEQUENTLY we went to gardens by the bay!!!
My new short hair hehehe ^^
yixin embarrassed of her long neck so had to add something there!
omg do I see a slight double eyelid on my eye? :OO
this is profile picture worthy ^^
our ice cream from seventh heaven! very affordable!
and it looks like elephant dung from here ...
BUT IT TASTES NICE
Sat there and had our ice cream while it started to pour outside.
last picture I have to upload. I'm currently loving my new hair! ^^
Ok so things have been moving fast from that day onwards. I feel like December passed too quickly for us.
Maybe all Decembers pass too quickly. results were already out and I'm ok with my results.
i did expect better la (please refer to my rant on expectations again) but I mean I should have known my standards. But I did try hard, and after O levels I did not feel uneasy like how others feel when they don't feel like they've put in effort. in fact I felt great and i was happy i gave it my all.
So even though results weren't what I expected, at least I feel that I don't have regrets. That's what matters.
And I can still enter my dream jc. that's enough for me :)
Now I just have to prep myself for a tougher journey ahead. I wanna work hard and I will work hard.
I believe that everyone will have their peaks someday and I know I will if I have faith in myself.
Some things weren't meant to happen and we live with this.
Hard work doesn't always guarantee rewards, cos shit still happens.
maybe ultimately, rewards are subjective..
like maybe, not having regrets is a reward for me?
it's mid january and things are moving fast.
i know 2 years will be over so soon and we'll all be in uni soon.
we'll all grow up, find a real job, have a career, get married, divorced, have children, own a car, own a house, be grandparents...
at times like this, I do feel that life is very short.
But I don't believe in life just ending here itself.
Me and my whacko logic: when life ends here in what we know as Earth, life starts in another dimension.
I don't believe in things ending once and for all
just because we don't see it or record it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
that's how there are inventions are discoveries anyway.
we don't always see things first.
nevertheless, i wish everyone a good start (omg i just realised cny is coming -________- zzzz) to a new chapter in life! Make full use of the youth you have now because you'll never be younger than you are right now :)


















Comments