It has been a few years since I last wrote a post.
You could say I was Spirit-led to my old blog - perhaps to recall the negativity, nonchalance, and frustrations of my teenage years, which I now find difficult to remember.
Why can't I remember them despite having written many posts about my emotions, as a way to process them?
Because I have been redeemed by God. For the past 2 years, God worked in me and brought me out of my misery, a misery I thought would never get out of.
Today - about 3, 4 years since my last update - I write to share that my life has changed for the better. In fact, it is fantastic.
I can now breathe.
I laugh freely with much less fear of what is to come.
I have hope.
I have dreams.
I am no longer lonely.
I am feeling more complete than ever with God.
It sounds too good to be true. But IT IS. It is what it is. It's too good, but it's true.
If you're having doubts, I understand you. I used to be a skeptic. I hated Christians at some point. This carried on for a few years, but in my uni years God found me when I was the most broken and depressed.
God's perfect love finds you no matter where you are. If you're that lost sheep, God is finding you. God wants a relationship with you. He rejoices when you are back with Him. God cares for you.
Parable of the Lost Sheep
12 “If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them wanders away, what will he do? Won’t he leave the ninety-nine others on the hills and go out to search for the one that is lost? 13 And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he will rejoice over it more than over the ninety-nine that didn’t wander away! 14 In the same way, it is not my heavenly Father’s will that even one of these little ones should perish.
Matthew 18:12-14 NLT
I wonder if there is anyone reading this. But if there is a possibility that just one person will read this post, then I am willing to still write this post.
It's funny to be writing this. I have never been bold to share my testimony. Never been bold to share all the things that God has done for me. But I guess I could do it behind a screen.
So here it is. My somewhat feeble yet genuine attempt. I guess not all of us who loves God are bold and charismatic speakers. There's believers like me who are quieter, maybe more timid, but have a similar, strong faith.
So I hope you humbly accept my half-baked testimony. There is a lot I wish I could tell you - about the breakthroughs God blessed me with, about His Love and Grace. And God wants to do the same for you. He wants to do the same for His children.
God loves you. Jesus loves you. I pray that somewhere along the way, dear reader, if you have not encountered God's love, that you will. I was in the abyss for as long as I can remember in my growing up years... God still found me. And I know His love will find you too. Whatever struggles you are facing, I pray that God's perfect peace engulfs you. Lift them up to God for He cares.
7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7 NIV
Amen. God bless.
Comments