Skip to main content

break down - introverts vs extroverts

Hello guys. Sorry I've not been updating cos I was focused on Os (yeah right, more like being distracted while studying along the way.) SO I HAVE A VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY LONG POST TO WRITE TODAY (actually probably over a few days). If anyone is actually interested in reading, (i actually blog for like diary purposes, believe me.) you can read my post, maybe like up to an hour? I promise this will be a long post of what happened ever since... idk after going Seoul Garden with the ballers.

SO, the earliest event that I can think of was Racial Harmony Day. You know how each year only the sec4s wear and are enthu about costumes? IT WAS THIS YEAR TOO. Haha so we were all dressed!


4K12! It was an awesome day haha! Some of us weren't dressed yet! 
Prepare yourself for a picture spam. 


Yixin the Indian! actually a lot of people chose to dress as an indian.



 L-R : Heng Ning , Qin Lin, Chun Yin



Yixin fail at raising eyebrows.



Chicken as a Nonya! I look like her servant right.


Since i don't know what is the signature move for a Chinese, I did that. looks retarded though (-_-)



Qiqi~


Huiting and myself! She's a vietnamese princess :OO she looks damn elegant in her costume.

OK that's all for Racial Harmony Day. Now, for all that I can remember, the next is National Day...???? We had our class outing at Ehub!



Haha I'm already starting to miss my classmates. I miss attending lessons with them. I miss sleeping in class with them. I miss PE LESSONS!! our pe lessons were always the most interesting. We're always playing a different sport. haha and this year we got 1st for our interclass captain's ball competition! not to mention always first from the bottom in academics. hehe. regardless, I still love my class!




Fun days! Oh wait before I forget, the Esperanza board... i only have a pic of my class's tile.


POKEMON! Haha seriously did not know what to do with the outline in the middle so we made it a tube transporting pokeballs -_- 

Now next up, i guess it would be the day we did CIP...


We got a lot of things from 3 blocks! Haha it was a tiring day but it was a memorable day for me. IT WAS GREAT!

Please forgive me for not really elaborating a lot on what happened, cos i really don't remember. The only thing I can remember very vividly about this year is studying. I can safely say that 70% of my time was put into studying. Haha. so this year was fun but 2011 was the best for me! Everyone says sec2 is the best year BUT IT WAS THE WORST FOR ME. 


Also, we had our Grad Ceremony! Flowers for the amazing Miss Koh and Mrs Lim!
There's supposedly more photos but I can't find them.. so here's one of the guys


Well, after our grad ceremony, you could guess that we were just chionging study -_- i don't say i miss studying but it feels weird not to study. like not even reading storybooks for book tests. weird. And we didn't even read hong lou meng this year. Did they scrap the reading programme already?

Anyway, went to AFA12 with Baka and Vivian! It was my first time attending an anime event and even though i didn't buy anything, it was overwhelming to see so many cosplayers for the first time! You guys should know im a fan of cosplaying, not a major fan but i have substantial interest in it. So I was stoked! 

I attended AFA in the one week break, before the Paper 1s. 

The moment I went in the I remember the very first cosplay that caught my attention, was a girl on stilts. We're not talking about normal stilts. I don't even know how tall the stilts were but she was like, 4-5m in height in total. that's insane! sadly, I didn't take a picture! well, I was too awkward to ask people initially... But later on i think i kinda got used to it and took some photos of people.


the Awesome Kurogane from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.



A cross dresser! basically, a guy that cosplays as a girl and vice versa. PEOPLE ALWAYS THINK that people who cross dress are gays. Seriously, don't judge. Cosplaying is about portraying your favourite characters, bringing them to life. Cosplaying is an artform to me. And some of these crossdressers actually do a much better job than others who don't. This person's costume is damn good! You can obviously tell it's handmade. So are the wings. A lot of effort put in!



YOU HAVE TO RECOGNISE THIS. and i think the pet is a kukumalu? LOLLLL



yes, we can cosplay as pokemon too. misconception people have is that cosplayers only cosplay anime characters. WRONG. someone even cosplayed as Obama! 



Faye-san! He looked into my camera!!


Of course, the awesome Fairy Tail team. I think Loki and Mystogan are well cosplayed. I wanna watch the movie soon!!!

And of course, after our Paper 1s, the major thing we had to prep for... PROM PROM PROM PROM.
Prom spamming now. I shall type my afterthoughts of prom later. please do appreciate the pics first.
























PROM WAS GREAT. Ok not really. Look, I don't want to be a spoil sport and ruin everyone's happy thoughts about prom and how it will be the last time we'll be together and how everyone looks so awesome dolled up. But these are my thoughts... 

The only fun part was Prom King and Queen nomination. GRATS CLARA AND JJ!
The rest was.. meh...
The food wasn't bad. I liked the vegetable tempura. Did not try the pasta, ice cream, fried fish. Hmm... the desert was fine. the activities were... idk... i still don't get the "stand up and arrange yourselves according to height / birthday" -_- another way to get us moving maybe? I had a good time, but not great. Luckily, I'm not the only one feeling this way. In fact I thought I was a spoil sport cos everyone who liked prom were saying how prom was GREAT on twitter. Turns out that the rest of us who didn't enjoy ourselves that much just didn't wanna be a spoil sport so we kept to ourselves. fair enough.

yup, but it's ok man. prom wasn't supposed to be the 'big bang' event that would conclude the year. In fact, I don't think you need one. all the memories we had for the past 4 years are good enough. so it's ok if prom wasn't good, even though i did feel i wasted my money there. ._.

Props to a great year this year, but last year was the best. Last year there were a lot of sweat and tears, topped with loads of laughter for me. What makes a good year, for me, is basically a year that encapsulates the most important elements of life (for me): happiness, bitterness, hard work, friendship. Best of all, self-discovery.

What is a good year of happiness, without sorrow?
What is a year of success, without hard work?

Sometimes we put too much emphasis on our goals that we forget the process of going through everything, and the emotions we have along the way.Without one, we won't have the other. only with the one end, we know that there's another end.

Of course, self-discovery. knowing your goals, finding a certain direction, even though not being able to pinpoint exactly what you want to do, asking yourself numerous questions, reflecting upon actions and words, learning from mistakes. Learning to deal with new environments and obstacles. self-discovery is such a crucial part for someone to grow and mature.

Most of my friends pick their best year based on the amount of fun they had. I may sound condescending, but i think it's rather superficial. people just say, "it was the most fun year! It was so fun with my class!" I'm not saying you can't include fun as a factor, but are you sure that fun really is what makes a best year? I'm sure we all know that there is more to that. And as we grow older, fun is not everything anymore. so let me ask you again,

Which is your best/favourite year in your secondary school life?



4K is awesome. ♥

Oh yeah, I've come to realised that people PARTICULARLY love my rants. LOL. I'm not sure if that's a good thing? But I usually think that my rants make no sense and that I'm just beating around the bush. Or I'm talking common sense, with alot of angst. 

So, I have another thing to rant about again. This time, something to do with my awkwardness.
How do you feel, and what do you do. when you meet/see someone (not close, like acquaintances or like friends only) you have not met for more than a year?

1. Rush up to your friend enthusiastically and instantly say Hi. Obviously you are happy to see someone you know
2. You want to say hi, but you approach gingerly.
3. Awkward, if he/she does not see me I guess I shall not say hi. OR I shall wait for that person to say hi first.
4. ohmyfuckgod AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID. 

I AM NUMBER 4. (lol wtf)
Yes, I really can't stand it when I see people that I'm not close with after a long time. IT'S JUST TOO AWKWARD. You see, the thing with awkward people is that, THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO TALK. not literally. To social butterflies, making friends is like ABC. They'll like ask "What's your name?" "oh ! I have a friend with your name and he/she is...." "What do you like?" "OH yknow i once..."

Wow. How simple right?
FOR AWKWARD PEOPLE. We don't even ask. NOT THAT WE DON'T WANT TO ASK. We don't know what to ask, and how to ask nor how to socialise. This, is what will go through in my mind if I am at some orientation camp with new people.

"Hmm.. who should I talk to?"
"Should I talk to that girl first? but she looks scary. What if our convo stops halfway?"
"What should I ask? What's your name? but so dumb, she already has a name tag!"
"ask what, how's life? siao too general. how much you got for l1r5? Siao like so competitive. What fruits she likes? that's so random!!!!!"
"walao I hate making friends. SO AWKWARD!!!!!!!!"
"fuck, might as well not speak, until I'm needed"

Not sure about everyone else. but these are just a few thoughts that I will have. I'm kind of in awe of people who socialise very well. They see it as a routine, I see it as a talent. It's probably something I will not do that well in. I'm an introvert.

To help you out a little in understanding an introvert and an extrovert, and finding out which you are, here is a helpful table.


WORD
Extrovert's Definition
Introvert's Definition
Alone, adj.
Lonely.
Enjoying some peace and quiet.
Book, n.
1) Doorstop.
2) Paperweight.
1) Source of comfort.
2) Safe and inexpensive method of traveling, having adventures, and meeting interesting people.
Bored, adj.
Not frantically busy.
Stuck making small talk, and unable to escape politely.
Extrovert, n.
A nice, normal, sociable person. Never surprises you with anything weird.
A boisterous person who may be very nice, but who is somewhat exhausting to spend time with. Usually not too deep, but fun.
Free time, n.
A time when you do group activities. (See Introvert's Definition of work.)
A time when you read without interruption until you're in danger of going blind.
Friend, n.
Someone who makes sure that you're never alone.
Someone who understands that you're not rejecting them when you need to be alone.
Good manners, n.
Making sure people aren't left all by themselves. Filling in any silences in a conversation.
Not bothering people, unless it's necessary, or they approach you. (Sometimes you can bother people you know well, but make sure they aren't busy first.)
Home, n.
A place to invite everybody you know.
A place to hide from everybody you know.
Internet, n.
1) Another medium for advertising.
2) A place where geeks with no life hang out.
A way to meet other introverts. You don't have to go out, and writing allows you to think before just blurting something out.
Introvert, n.
One of those who like to read. Moody loners. Be careful not to tick them off; some of them are serial killers.
One who shows a perfectly natural restraint and caution when meeting new people. One who appreciates solitude. Often, one who enjoys reading and has a philosophical turn of mind.
Love, n.
Never having to do anything alone.
Being understood and appreciated.
Music, n.
Background noise.
Something with a tune and lyrics which may be moving and intelligent, or may be drivel.
Phone, n.
Lifeline to other people - your reason for living.
Necessary (?) evil, and yet another interruption. Occasionally useful, but mostly a nuisance.
Reading, v.
A chore that a teacher makes you do when you're a kid.
You have to do it in secret and pretend you don't really do it, or people think you're strange.
Shell, n.
Something you find on the beach.
What people relentlessly nag you to come out of. Why do you have to leave it, if you're happy there?
To go out, v.
Requires at least two people, and the more the better. Constant chatter, loud music, sports, crowds, and food consumption are all fun components of going out.
Can be done alone or with others. Enjoyable if there's some point to it; i.e., in order to see a band, a movie, a play, or perhaps to have a stimulating discussion with one or two close friends.
Work, n.
Having to read, write, listen, or concentrate on anything.
Being pestered every five minutes about something trivial, and not allowed to concentrate.


Extraversion (70-75% of population)
Introversion (25-30% of population)
Energized by what goes on in the outer world
Energized by what goes on in the inner world
Need to talk to clarify what they think
Need to reflect before they talk
Can be seen as accessible and understandable
Can be seen as subtle and difficult to know well initially
Difficult for them to just sit & listen
Work quietly without interruption
Often work to change the world
Often work to understand the world
Interests often have breadth
Interests often have depth
Interaction
Concentration
Sociability
Territoriality
Multiplicity of relationships
Limited relationships
Expenditure of energies
Conservation of energies

Credits:
http://www.newreflectionscounseling.com/Default.aspx?page=ENTER_TOPIC_INTROVERSION

You see, there's so much difference between introverts and extroverts. Honestly, sometimes I can't stand extroverts. because they are FUCKING superficial. -_- it just ticks me off man, it feels like their thinking is so awfully shallow, i just wanna kill them LOL. no la, but it's irritating. agonising to see them think like that and think they are right. HAHAHAHAHA now i seem like a self-righteous kiddo.

introverts, being the minority, and obviously, always seen as the ones that will never claim success. we're often called nerds, geeks the moment we have GREAT interest in things that we seek comfort or expression in. Like my bro calls me a geek for liking cosplay. Please, he doesn't even know what cosplaying is REALLY about. Not that I don't like my bro, he is amiable. obviously not awkward at all around new people. in fact every cny people talk to him and I'm just loitering in a corner waiting to go home. but I hate the fact that he says I'm a nerd, geek. whatever. just because i don't like something like kpop, liking something out of the norm like cosplay, makes me a nerd? geez, you should be the one getting a life. extroverts can never understand how introverts think and feel, neither can introverts know how extroverts think and feel. we are 2 different people, VERY.

Yet, we all still need each other. kind of amazing, how some things just come hand in hand. If everyone on earth were introverts, NOBODY WOULD BE TALKING TO NOBODY. if everyone were extroverts, THE WORLD WOULD BE BLOODY NOISY, with people shooting comments out of their mouth without even THINKING.

Some help of the introverts, if you are actually feeling bad about yourself. Also, extroverts, please read. THANKS.

The reason why the majority of people think that there’s something wrong with introverts is because the majority of people aren’t very knowledgeable when it comes to introverts, in terms of why they are the way they are and why they do the things they do.
1. If a person is introverted, it does NOT mean they are shy or anti-social.
This is probably THE biggest misconception that extroverts tend to have when it comes to introverts.
 Well, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it must be a duck right?
Wrong.
Introverts have more brain activity in their frontal lobes and when these areas are activated through solitary activity, introverts become energized through processes such as problem solving, introspection, and complex thinking.
 2. Introverts tend to dislike small talk.

If you really want to engage an introvert in conversation, skip the small talk. Introverts tend to love deep conversations on subjects that interest them. They love to debate, go past the superficial and poke around the depths in people’s minds to see what’s really going on in there. Most, if not all introverts tend to regard small talk as a waste of time, unless it’s with someone new they just met.
This characteristic probably contributes to another misconception that extroverts have of introverts - the misconception that all introverts are arrogant.
Why?
Because extroverts notice that introverts don’t talk that much with other people. Therefore, extroverts assume that introverts think they’re too good to talk to others, hence arrogant and that’s hardly the case.
It’s just a matter of preference.
Extroverts thrive on small talk. Introverts abhor it.
There’s nothing wrong with either choice, it’s just a matter of preference.
This brings us to the third point.
3. Introverts do like to socialize – only in a different manner and less frequently than extroverts.
Yes, it’s true. Contrary to the majority of public opinion, introverts do like to socialize, but again, only in a different manner and less frequently than extroverts.
Introverts love anything that involves deep conversation. They get energized by discussing subjects that are important to them and they love see what and how other people think, to connect the dots, to dig deep, to find root causes, to use logical thinking via debate in conversation, etc.
And what’s more, introverts can do a lot of things extroverts are naturally good at - give great speeches, schmooze with everyone, be the life of the party, charm the socks off of total strangers - but only for a short period of time. After that, they need time for themselves which brings us to the fourth point.

4. Introverts need time alone to recharge.
Extroverts tend to think introverts have something against them as they constantly seem to refuse generous invites to social engagements. Introverts do appreciate the offers, but it’s just that they know it will take a lot of energy out of them if they pursue these social functions. 

(PS: YIXIN! THIS IS WHY I DIDN'T GO P6 GATHERING LOL)
They need time alone like they need food and water. Give them their space. There’s nothing wrong with them. They’re not depressed and they’re not sad. They just need time alone to recharge their batteries.

5. Introverts are socially well adjusted.
Most introverts are well aware of all the social nuances, customs, and mannerisms when it comes to interacting with other people, but they simply don’t choose to socialize as much as extroverts, which makes it easy for extroverts to assume that introverts are not socially well adjusted, as they have not seen much evidence of them interacting with other people.
This just exacerbates previous misconceptions and gives way to labeling introverts as nerds, geeks, loners, etc.
It’s easy to understand why society tends to value extroverts over introverts. Human beings have lived in a tribal society so having to interact frequently with people came to be a regarded as a very good skill when it came to survival.
But because of this high value placed on extroversion, introverts tend to feel trapped and find themselves in a catch 22 situation.
Do introverts stay true to who they are and risk social alienation and isolation or do introverts conform and join the extroverted side, pretending to be somebody they’re not just to fit in?
This is precisely why I wrote this article, because if the extroverts can become more educated about introverts, introverts will be able to feel free to stay true to who they are, and that’s a good thing from society’s point of view.
Trying to “turn” an introverted person into an extroverted person is detrimental because it gives off a subtle suggestion that there is something wrong with them, hampering their self worth and esteem when there is absolutely nothing wrong in the first place.
There’s nothing wrong with introverts.
In fact, introverts are the leading pioneers of advancements in human civilization. Albert Einstein, Issac Newton, Charles Darwin are a few introverts that come to mind, just to name a few.
And for those of you not interested in science, but pop culture, you’ll be surprised to see a lot of well known names in Hollywood are introverts as well. Julia Roberts, Steven Spielberg, Christian Bale to name a few as well.
And for those interested in sports, Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods come to mind as athletes who are introverts as well.
Introverts have a lot to bring to the table. They have an amazing ability to discover new thoughts, an uncanny ability to focus, to concentrate, to connect the dots, to observe and note things that most people miss, to listen extremely well and are often found having a rich and vivid imagination too.
The more extroverts become knowledgeable about introverts, the less tension and misunderstanding there will be among the two.
So if you’re an introvert reading this, send a copy of this article to all your extrovert friends so they can get a better idea of what you’re all about.
It’s time to finally clear the air.


FROM: http://briankim.net/blog/2007/10/top-5-things-every-extrovert-should-know-about-introverts/

ok so this is not really a rant. or is it? actually I am ranting. I do take pride in my awkwardness, cos sometimes I see people that are so damn brazen and direct, it's like they have so much going on around them.. won't they feel tired of everything? but society seems to make introverts sound like shy awkward beings that just do not blend into the crowd. hence they label us with names. i don't like that, and i bet people don't like me to call others "shallow, dense beings". it's about time we need to understand one another more, for all of us had a part in making the world what it is today. LET'S CELEBRATE PEACE WOOHOOO!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arslan Senki is one badass anime

Spring 2015 anime has already been ongoing for awhile, and I've been watching these titles: Owari no Seraph Nisekoi S2 Shokugeki no Soma Arslan Senki Plastic Memories Ore Monogatari Out of all of these, I would have to say that Arslan Senki is my favourite!  Ok with as little spoilers as possible... Arslan is the prince and apparent heir of the throne in the undefeated Kingdom of Pars. His father, King Andragoras, is the king known to have led his army to victory at every war, making his army formidable and seemingly without equal. But of course, going undefeated makes the kingdom and the king full of themselves and eventually led to a crushing defeat in the war against Lusitania. The king is nowhere to be found and the kingdom of Pars is just about to be invaded by the swarming armies of Lusitania.  Also, a little of backdrop, Lusitania is a country which believes in a god (forgot the name) and abhors the idea of slavery. Their religion speaks of ...

Fully Redeemed by His Blood

It has been a few years since I last wrote a post. You could say I was Spirit-led to my old blog - perhaps to recall the negativity, nonchalance, and frustrations of my teenage years, which I now find difficult to remember.  Why can't I remember them despite having written many posts about my emotions, as a way to process them? Because I have been redeemed by God. For the past 2 years, God worked in me and brought me out of my misery, a misery I thought would never get out of.  Today - about 3, 4 years since my last update - I write to share that my life has changed for the better. In fact, it is fantastic.  I can now breathe.  I laugh freely with much less fear of what is to come.  I have hope. I have dreams. I am no longer lonely. I am feeling more complete than ever with God.  It sounds too good to be true. But IT IS. It is what it is. It's too good, but it's true.  If you're having doubts, I understand you. I used to be a skeptic. I hated Christian...

The INFP Diary: Chapter 2

So tonight on my way back from work, I guess I was tired and wanted to stare into space for awhile. But not really that kinda stare into space. It's those kind of daydreaming in which you are still aware of your surroundings. In fact, you notice the surroundings more.   On the train, I was staring out the window. With my earphones on, I was essentially in my own world. As the train trailed past buildings, I found myself marvelling at the beauty of 'sceneries' created by buildings and the lights they each bear. That moment, I was reminded of Final Fantasy X and the Zanarkand cut scenes. and then suddenly I realised how good Square Enix's graphics are to resemble reality so much.   The same was happening while I was taking the bus back. I guess we never really took a good look at our surroundings because we are all so tired and so absorbed into whatever we are doing. It's through daydreaming that I can tell that I'm finally relaxing. Usually I am stre...